issue 44, March/April 2010
Jane Austen and Music:
- Franz Joseph Haydn describes his visit to Bath in 1794
- Maggie Lane poses the question: Jane Austen, Music Lover?
- David Owen Norris examines ‘What Was On Jane’s iPod?’
- Composer Thomas Linley, a Mozart rival?
- Tidings of My Harp: Instruments and Social Status
- Matters of Taste: Sense & Sensibility examined
- and my own ‘composition’: A Golden Time: Emma Smith entertained by the Knyvett family of musicians.
- includes: a free CD of music performed when Jane lived in Bath!
Order your copy from the U.K. today!